Carlow Youth Sports Development Project aims to reduce substance misuse in Co. Carlow by engaging all young people aged 10-21 in sporting and recreational activity programmes to promote their physical, mental and emotional health & wellbeing.
What do we do?
We provide a safe space for young people to meet and avail of a wide variety of sport and activity based programmes and opportunities, including
• Plan, Facilitate and Evaluate Sports based youth work programmes
• Apply for funding when opportunities arise to create opportunities for young people to experience a variety of new and exciting activities
• Carry out needs analysis to inform programme planning
• Involve young people in planning and delivery of programmes
• Participate in inter project work with other CRYS projects as part of the CRYS Integrated Youth Service
• Participate in interagency partnership work and engage in community based activities to build strong links between young people and the local community
Who do we work with?
Young People age 10 – 21 years
What can Young People expect?
A safe, comfortable, supportive and fun environment where all young people are welcome, listened to and respected. Young people will be encouraged to take responsibility for their emotional, social, mental & physical health and fitness needs through a variety of programmes.
What can Parents expect?
The confidence that young people are supported by a team of well trained and experienced Youth Workers, Youth Support Workers, Volunteers. The knowledge that young people will be in a safe, supervised and fun environment.
Parents will be encouraged to support the young people in taking responsibility emotional, social, mental & physical health and fitness needs through a variety of programmes
For further information, please contact:
Karen Mullins, Sports Development Worker: 085 7897288
Office: Montgomery House: 059 9130476
Carlow Youth Sports Development Project is Funded by the Young People Facilities and Services Fund through Kilkenny and Carlow ETB and Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
Karen Mullins, Sports Development Worker,
Carlow Regional Youth Services.
Phone: 085 7897288 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org